Sunday, December 04, 2005

Da Vinci Code - Best Book Ever

I jus finished a damn good book. I'm so so so impressed with the author.... Dan Brown... and yes... I'm talking about the book, "The Da Vinci Code". Ok ok... I know I'm so slow. Probably half the world has read the book and here I am... having just finished it. But well, I read it.

I think if I can choose to be another person for a day, I would want to be Dan Brown, so that I know how his thinking is like. The plot in the book is impressive. Unless it is based on a true story, it is difficult to gel the facts with fiction so perfectly, nt to say the codes there.

However, it is quite a statement made with that book cause it seems to flip over traditional Christians belief and also a major part of satanism. For example, it was mentioned that the pentagle / pentagram which is traditionally known as a symbol for the devil, is actually a symbol of the feminine goddess like Venus. Wat surprises me most was the sex ritual. Most people are familiar with it being a satanic ritual, yet it was said to be a way for men to connect with god thru the act. And this is a very ancient important ritual used by the pagans.

Yet, all these ends up being associated with the devil because the Christians launched a smear campaign stating tat these are acts of the satan. Isn't it hard to belief?

But as I read it, I can't help but feel it does make sense. All was explained very clearly with the historical background explained. So how does this makes the church look? And so is there really a Satan?

Hmm.... I think it all leaves to each individual to sort out what they believe in.....

No comments: