Monday, November 28, 2005

A most Unfortunate Incident

Oh gosh! Something really unfortunate happened today and it really spoiled my mood. The whole incident has to start from Sat.....

Jas, me, Eug, Tan, Kel and Yp went Marina South that day. It was like a celebration for Kel and Yp's bday. It so happens tat after the dinner I forgot to take Jas' van keys. We went to the arcade after that. When we wanted to leave, Jas realise that the keys were lost. We went back to the steamboat shop to look for it but close already. In the end, we all went back home by cab.

The next day, after retrieving the spare key from Jas' boss, we went back down to Marina South to get the vehicle. Upon reaching, a summon was on the vehicle and tat was the 1st unlucky thing.

As the weather was damn hot and the whole vehicle was heated up, Jas open both doors and winded down the windows.... I waited in the vehicle while Jas and Fly Pig went back to the steamboat shop to ask if any of their staff had kept the keys. And yes, indeed they managed to get it back.

When Jas came back, he started the engine...... All of us heard some cranky sound as if something was stuck between the the parts of the vehicle. Jas quickly stopped the engine. Faintly, we heard the sound of a bird calling and it stop. Fly pig went down to check if the wheels were clamped, but no... it was not. Jas started the engine again but this time, no more cranking sound. Worried that a bird might have been stuck, Jas shut the engine wanting to double check.

Then I smelled something pungent. Jas said, "A bird might have be crushed between the fan belt."

I got down the vehicle and Jas opened up the seat to see.... something fell to the bottom of the vehicle. I bent down to look and saw.... a lot of blood and an animal on the floor. It died! I was scared.

After pushing the vehicle to another lot, Jas announced that it was a kitten. OMG! It was horrible. I din see the actual sight... but they said that its back was all ripped off and the tail had broken in two pieces. I almost cried.... So poor thing.... Wat a horrible way for its life to ended this way. We wanted to bury it, but no one dare to touch the poor kitten.

Wat I couldn't understand was why when we open the door and everything, it didn't start moving away from the vehicle? Surely it must have sense that there were people around. If it had made its way out, its life might have been saved. Was it stuck?

Argh! I just couldn't get over the whole thing. It's such a tragic thing to happen to a kitten. It's so small. I din see the corpse but from a glimpse I could tell it was really terrible. Gosh... hopes the kitten goes to heaven.....

Somehow, I feel responsible for it. Cause if I hadn't forgot to take the keys, the vehicle wouldn't have been parked there overnight. And the poor kitten wouldn't have hid and slept there and thus it wouldn't have died..... It's all my fault.... I killed a life indirectly!!!!

I'm so sorry, kitty! So sorry..... If only I had been more careful.....

No comments: