Friday, November 25, 2005

Back from Bangkok

I'm back in Singapore from my BKK trip. Now I finally understand why BKK is hailed as a shopping paradise. That's a pic of Jas sending me off at the airport. Everything is so cheap there... clothes, food, groceries... everything. All I did there was shopping, eating, more shopping and of course sleep. A pity it all ended so fast... i'm gonna miss the Chatuchak Market.


That's me and my sis on board the plane. I brought my fav bear with me. Hehe! The special gift from Jas.


It's so scary... The clothes I saw there were mostly what I could see in Far East. Yet it's only sold for about 20SGD the most there while in Singapore it cost about 30bucks or more.... In fact, I think most of the goods sold here are taken from there. I think it will makes more sense to save by not shopping in Singapore and then flying to BKK periodically to do the necessary shopping.

Puppies were sold there too. They were soooooo cute. Wanted so much to buy them back. Each cost bout less than a 100SGD man.... But if I were to include licensing and shipping them back, the cost can be quite high. They were like so poor thing. So many of them in a small confined area on display waiting for people to buy them. I wonder wat happens to them on a Sat night. Do they spend the night there, waiting for the vendors to come back the next morning? I saw a nice husky puppy. It had one side blue eyes and the other side brown. So unique... Very pretty....

The people there are friendly... But when it comes to night time, the taxi drivers and tuk-tuk drivers are pretty "shi zi kai da kou". A lot of them refuse to on the metre when we board and insist we pay them a standard 100 baht when in fact by metre would only cost us between 30 to 40 baht. Some of them even ask for 200 baht complaining it's a long distance, but actually we were very near the hotel... *tsk tsk*

I bought a whole lot of clothes... cause it is super duper cheap. Shoes as well... I bought each pair of heels for less than 10 bucks. OMG! So happy with my cheap cheap bargains. One thing, I'm can't get enough of is the Thai body massage and the foot massage. For a 2 full hr of body massage, it only cost like 16 bucks? Here, it cost 6 times more.... And the skills there are good. Hmm.... I'm gonna missed it. It felt so shiok lor... Everyday after shopping, go massage then go back hotel sleep. Next morning, more shopping. Haha!


Oh... but well.... Holiday's over. Immediately the next day after I reached back Singapore, I had to help Robin with his events. Worked till 11.30pm on Wed night and had to report to work at 8.30am the next day for the actual event.

I saw Eileen Wee in real person. She's so pretty! She looks better in real person than in photos. During the rehearsal, she came bare-faced and she still manage to look gorgeous. She very petite. Nice figure! Lolx! She's very versatile when it comes to hosting shows and she is very friendly. Hmm... Through conversations with her, can see that she's of the intellectual kind and not just a "hua ping". Very impressed with her....


Will be reporting for work officially on Mon. It's gonna be the start on my working life soon. I'll enjoy this weekend as much as I can. =)

No comments: