Friday, July 28, 2006

Welcome to the Cabaret!!!

I went for the musical, Cabaret yesterday. I got lucky cause I watched it for free. I got luckier cause I got the front row seats.... hehe! So I got a pretty good view.

The opening scene was good, something not easily seen in conservative Singapore. haha! I thought there was going to be more of it, but sad to say... no more lor...

It's more on the love story between the American, Clifford (quite good looking) and the cabaret girl, Sally (Emma Yong) at the place where they live in lor, which is this rented room somewhere. Then also about this old couple who love each other but didn't get married cause one is a German and the other is a Jew.... The story is set in Berlin by the way.

Ok lah... Overall, it's quite entertaining although some parts can be quite draggy. The ending was rather abrubt though. It didn't conjure up much emotions within the audience, or at least not in me. I was kinda expecting more scenes on the "Kit Kat Club" which is the cabaret club. Emma Yong was good though. Didn't know she got such powerful voice. Fei Xiang, needless to say, of course good de lah. hehe

Oh well... It's a nice experience. It was my first time watching a performance in Esplanade. haha! Mountain turtle hor... hahahaha!

Again it's Friday already. Hehe! My last weekend alone. Jas will be back next week. Hurrah! =p

No comments: