Saturday, September 23, 2006

Advise for Surveyors & Insurance Agents

Having been a student myself and having being on the streets asking people to do surveys for my assignments, I know how much of a hell one had to go thru to get all the surveys done. So I have always been rather sympathetic towards people who ask me to do a survey on the street. If I really had that extra minute to spare, I would gladly oblige. But I would always steer clear of those who on the pretext of survey will try to sell insurance. Those people are jus annoying and irritating.....

Anyway, there was this morning when I was on my way to work..... I went to Arcade at Raffles Place to get breakfast. Having got my "chee cheong fun" I was walking damn fast to office cause I'm almost late for work and came this guy trying to stop me to do a survey. I was thinking.... what the hell? Trying to stop people during the morning crowd at Raffles Place to do survey. Where got people wanna stop de? Most people at tat time all rushing to office leh.... Dun have the spare time to stop and do some survey de lah..... Wish I had turned around to advise him on that. Probably he might get more response during lunch time where people are strolling more leisurely.... Aiyo.... Getting people to do survey is very difficult le. So please use some brain and choose the correct timing mah.... Haiz.....

Then there are those people who will call to try do surveys or try to do some selling.... Again, please use your own discretion to judge whether is that person interested to listen or not mah. There was this guy who call me saying he is from this certain insurance company and would like to share with me on some plans which they are having. I din wanna waste him time so I told him I actually have an insurance agent servicing my account already who is in the same company and that he also happens to be my friend. I thought that who help to cut short the conversation so he can move on to someone else. BUT!!! He had to went on to say, "Oh really? That's ok! Maybe we can all discuss together to see what we can offer you." DUH? Meet up with me with my insurance agent? Is this how it works nowadays? Is this some kinda new sales tactic? Please enlighten me.... *faint*

No comments: