Tuesday, October 17, 2006

I condemn this Father

Today I heard some rather disturbing news.

My mum was doing her usual updating about my relative telling me how they are doing etc... when she told me about this cousin of mine, let's name her Mic.

Mic's parents are divorced since she was young, think when she was in nursery / kindergarten I think. For a while, after the divorce, her mum and her stayed with my family. Her dad is a very wierd person. I'm nt sure how much he loves Mic, as his daughter, but if he really loves her, I think he has a very serious problem of how he's showing it.

My aunt is granted custody of Mic so the daddy is only allowed to see her like once every 2 weeks on Sun. And everytime he sees her, he makes hell out of her life. He never brings her anywhere far, the for that few hrs that he spends with her, he only brings her to the nearest neighbourhood shopping centre and has fast food. This is still the same till now that she's almost 16.

I think Mic's dad is jus trying to make life difficult for everyone. My cousin comes back crying most of the time when she comes back. She says her dad's scolds her etc. It was so bad that sometimes on the Sunday that she is suppose to meet him, she'll cry and cry..... We tried to ask him to stop coming but he says "no" he still wants to come. There was a few times the quarrel got so bad that police had to intervene.

When Mic got older, she starts to retaliate a bit, however he somehow still gains the upper hand. I knew there was once she tried to leave but he wouldn't let her and they were like screaming at each other in public and he was like holding to her and not letting her go. She struggled, he pulled till even her glasses was like broken. Jus imagine what a scene he was creating for her.

Worse still, since they are at the neighbourhood shopping centre, Mic's friends would sometimes see the commotion. How embarrassing is that for a young girl.

Just last Sunday, apparently, they got into a quarrel again. Mic's friend saw and went over out of goodwill to see wat is wrong and is there anything that needs help with. Mic's father actually spew vulgarities at Mic's friend asking him/her to go away. That is really damn disgusting lor!!!! Embarssing her in front of her friends...... I dunno what kinda father he is man.... seriously. It totally sucks man.

I was asking my mum why wouldn't my cousin simple refuse to see him, she say she also not sure y. Probably afraid the dad might make trouble for her in sch cause he ever threaten her with that before. A few times, my cousin called home crying, but her mum didn't go help her for she knew the character of that damn guy that he would create an even uglier scene.

Damn.... my heart really pains for my cousin. Throughout all these years, she had to bear those insults and anger from her dad and yet it seems like there is nothing she can do. I have a decent mind to go by that neighbourhood shopping one of these days when that damn guy is with my cousin and if they really get into a squabble to jus bring my cousin and leave. He can curse and swear for all he wants, I won't give a damn. I knew he'll drag away my cousin by all means, but if as long as I'm there, I'll make sure I bring her away from there. I believe I can do so. Unless he hits me lah, which I doubt he'll dare..... If he hits me all the more better, cause I can officially lodge a police report against him..... This guy is one mad man... Hate him!

However, my mum was saying they'll probably take action against him once my cousin finishes her 'O' Level exams. They dun wan him to give her a hard time during this period. I certainly hope they do or else it's really hard on my cousin. I dun suppose that guy has got any fatherly love in him. Like I say, he jus wants to make hell for people. Damn....

--------------------------

Anyway, on another note, I was thinking about "her" again...... I think the only way we know how each other is doing is thru blogging. That's like our only way of connecting. Nobody knows what happens in the future. Maybe... jus maybe, one day, things might jus get better. Fate might jus work things out again..... Meanwhile..... jus pray.... =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmmm i can feel how she is la..

but well just support her emotionally if she needs you..

GM