Thursday, November 09, 2006

A trip back in time

Today, I went back to a place where pleasant memories are plenty, a place where friendships were forged, a place where relationships was once held dear...... It was a place where I grew up at...... Bishan Park Secondary School...... =)

I've always considered my secondary school days to be one of my favourite time in life. Cause that's when where all the fun are. Even though there might have been some foolish moments but those are what was most true. Friends I've made in there were with me for a long time, many till now are still my closest buddies.

BPS is one of the schools where the students are participating in the upcoming Arts Camp. So Cheryl had to go collect the forms and payment from there. I gladly oblige to accompany her. I was so excited at going back to a familiar place.... However when I step in there, I had a mixed feeling. Everything that was so familiar seems unfamiliar at the same time. With time, the school had changed. It is probably for the better but to me, I prefer the way it was back then.

I remembered the foyer was my favourite place. I would always be one of the earliest to reach school and I would always sit at the foyer waiting for the rest of them to arrive. It's where we'll sit and joke and people watch. That was also where we had our netball drills sometimes. I think now, an office has been built there, so it's no longer a big empty space.

After I got to know Kel and the rest of them, during our recess time, we always sit at the same table. Everyone seems to know that that particular row is ours..... Between Yenling, XY and I, we hate to return our plates after eating. So we had a deal. The last person to finish eating will have to return the plates for all of us and that person always seems to be XY. haha! Rite Yenling? Maybe she got image to keep so she must always eat slowly and 斯文. Lolx! I dun mind since I dun have to go put those plates back. =p

This is the table where we use to sit - One big entire group.

Fights used to happen at the canteen too which was rather common in my sch. Afterall we were one of the more famous "Ah Beng School" in that vicinity.

One of the most prominent name in that school which many students of my batch will remember will be "Cecilia Ang". She was the discipline mistress and was damn irritating and strict lor. All the "Ah Bengs" and "Ah Lians" hated her. But ok lah. I think she's just doing her job lor. She used to single out girls who wear coloured bra beneath the white blouse (which was the trend back then) and make them change out of it. I think they had some beige coloured bra in the Teacher's Room for them to change. Wah lau! Lucky I always manage to sneak out of her sight lor.

Haiz.... there are much much more things about sec sch that if I were to write down, this entry will be super long ah.... Such as school camps, hanging out at 403, stupid stunts we did in sch etc etc.... Hehe! Nvm... this are all memories that I would keep with me. =) Memories that are worth cherishing. Oh well, thinking back, years have gone by. I have known Yenling for 11yrs and Kel and the rest of the boys for 9yrs....... scary how time passes......

老了。。。老了。。。

No comments: